In September 2018, the DfE appointed 32 English Hub schools across
England to support other schools to deliver excellent early language and phonics teaching in reception and Key Stage 1.
We are delighted to announce that Springhill Catholic Primary School is one of the chosen 34 schools and has responsibility for establishing an English Hub across the southern region.
Any school can request support from an English Hub. However, if there is more demand than capacity, hubs will select schools to receive support based on the school’s capacity to improve, the level of need for support and the level of disadvantage of the children at the school.
The support Springhill English Hub will provide, to those that meet the criteria, includes:
· Two free places, per school, at showcase events, including supply cover costs. *
· A review of action planning following attendance at a showcase event.
· Potential funding of up to £6,000 per school to invest in resources. This may be match funded or fully funded depending upon the circumstances of the school. Resources must meet certain criteria.
· A full audit of a school’s early language and phonics provision carried out by one of our literacy specialists and support with further action planning.
· Up to six days of school-to-school support led by one of our experienced
literacy specialists over the period of a year, if chosen to be a partner school.
* criteria dependant