Springhill Catholic Primary School is one of the DfE appointed 34 English Hub schools across England to support other schools, to deliver excellent early language and phonics teaching in reception and Key Stage 1.
Any school can request support from an English Hub. However, if there is more demand than capacity, hubs will select schools to receive support based on the school’s capacity to improve, the level of need for support and the level of disadvantage of the children at the school.
The support that Springhill English Hub will provide, to those that meet the criteria, includes:
- Two free places, per school, at showcase events, including supply cover costs, this is criteria dependant.
- A review of action planning following attendance at a showcase event.
- A full audit of a school’s early language and phonics provision carried out by one of the hub team and support with further action planning.
- Potential funding of up to £6,000 per school to invest in resources and training. This may be match funded or fully funded depending upon the circumstances of the school. Resources must meet certain criteria.
- Up to six days of intensive school-to-school support led by one of our experienced literacy specialists over the period of a year, if chosen to be a partner school.
- Medium level support through online webinars and training.